Keep Kids Coding! Logic.ly
This week in our Keep Kids Coding! series we will be looking at Logic.ly. CSisFun.com categorizes Logic.ly as a grade 6+ application. Logic.ly teaches logic gates + digital circuits in a hands on and interactive interface. It offers a simple drag-and-drop user interface for editing and simulating digital circuits. With Logic.ly you can:
- Design circuits quickly and easily with a modern and intuitive user interface with drag-and-drop, copy/paste, zoom & more.
- Take control of debugging by pausing the simulation and watching the signal propagate as you advance step-by-step.
- Let students experiment in a “no worries” simulation where undo is a click away — before building physical circuits.
- Encapsulate and avoid duplication by creating custom integrated circuits that you can drag and drop… just like gates.
- Customize Logicly for your curriculum by building libraries of custom circuits that students can “import” into their work.
If you are like me and not exactly sure where to start with this program, Kiki’s video will be your savior. In her breakdown this week, Kiki does an amazing job of showing us all how to get started using this program with students. You and your students will feel smarter after watching this:
Logic.ly has provided example lessons focusing on logic gates to help you get you started:
As Kiki mentioned in her video, share links to your students Logic.ly board in our comment section below. Remember to subscribe to KikivsIT YouTube channel for many more great videos!